Favorites, etc

Home | Memories | Favorites | Leadership |Dalagang Pinay |

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Power vs. Strategy: Pacquiao-Marquez Bout

I should have written an earlier entry on this… well, I forgot. Anyhow…

The Pacquiao-Marquez fight was one of the most exciting bouts I have seen so far. It was boxing in its purest sense. I should call it “Power vs. Strategy.” I like the fact that Pacquiao is no doubt the stronger fighter; his ace is his power punch. He has excellent stamina and endurance. On the other hand, Marquez is a strategist. He is strong, yet, Pacquiao can withstand his blows. But Marquez’ used his mind in this fight. Besides having a reach and height advantage, Marquez brilliantly strategized his attack. It was hard for Pacquiao to guess what’s his next move. And his counter attacks are hitting Pacquiao.

Pacquiao won by split decision concluding the 12 rounds. Some say it was questionable, despite Marquez being knocked down on the third. It’s obviously a close fight. I personally would still give it to Pacquaio. But the best part of the show for me is boxing. It was a classic fight. I loved it.
--
Whenever I think of boxing, even if just for sports' sake, I just couldn't ignore the fact that Oscar de la Hoya always crosses my mind. Just like now. What can I say, I'm a big fan. I love Oscar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home