Favorites, etc

Home | Memories | Favorites | Leadership |Dalagang Pinay |

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bonding time with the kiddos

I am really taking advantage of the extra day-off we have this summer. Instead of the regular five-day workweek, the university came out with a four-day workweek scheme with 10 hours per day policy. So, I can be at home in the province for longer weekend break.

As you know, my three nieces are at home for the summer break. They are big enough to be babysat but still children to look after. I love spending time with them. This weekend, they made me climb the tamarind tree on the side of the hut to get them some ripe fruits. It was I think about 30-35 meters high. When I was at the top, the children were shouting, “Tita, you are too high!” Even my siblings got shocked that I climbed. I had a couple of videos taken by Jai and Tan with funny narrations (like, what I did was unexpected of a professional at my age and youth leader. As if!). I was doing some acrobats, going from one branch to another, doing my “signature moves.” If I may remind them, I was once a child (and still is at heart) and climbing trees was one of my favorite past times.

Later, Ayeka, the youngest, played guessing game with me. She would pick two similar-looking leaves and then asks me to guess which leaf is which. I was right 99%. She giggled every time.
I love my nieces. And I like children in general. I imagine come the time the Lord let us build the orphanage, I will get a chance to be blessed by more kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home