Favorites, etc

Home | Memories | Favorites | Leadership |Dalagang Pinay |

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Why So Downcast?

Psalm 42:11
Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

I can’t remember when, but I believe I was about 12 (?) years old when I first heard this beautiful a cappella song. It really made an impact to me and my siblings such that since, each time any one of us start humming the first beat of the song, everybody at home automatically joins in chorus! Yes, we really enjoy the song and you can imagine how we play around with the beat. It’s fun. Unfortunately, we don’t have a copy of that song anymore (I can’t even remember how we happened to listen to that then!).

But voila! Before we went home in May, our host handed me and my buddy each an audio CD of a group called Witness. It was very generous of him to do so. I scanned the tracks right away and saw that the first song is familiar. Actually, I like that song. That triggered my excitement until I saw the third track. Guess what? It has “Why So Downcast?” on it! Could you believe that?!! I was like, this is really a blessing! Believe me, my joy was overwhelming! I almost scared our host! Haha!

Now I’m enjoying the CD. I played it at home right away and of course, my siblings were delighted. I played it during church practice too. I’m just happy to finally have my own copy. Thanks a lot, Pastor!

Lesson:
God works in ways we cannot imagine nor expect. Who would have thought I will travel 7,000 miles from home and find a copy of the song I so enjoyed?
I say that’s Psalm 37:4 in action,
Delight yourself in the LORD and
He will give you the desires of your heart. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home